General Terms and Conditions for Customers
version 1.0 – 09-2020
We, Bold Security Technology B.V. (hereinafter referred to as “Bold“), focus on the development and supply of a physical access system (the “Bold Smart Cylinder“) and related mobile application (the “Bold App“).
These general terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the purchase and use of our products and services by consumers. Meaning: natural persons not acting in the course of a profession or business. The purchase and use of our products and services by non-consumers are subject to the general terms and conditions for business users.
We recommend that you study these Terms and Conditions carefully before placing an order on our website and using our products and services. You can view the most recent version of these Terms and Conditions on our website.
These Conditions were last revised: 04 September 2020.
1. About us
Name: Bold Security Technology B.V.
Acting under the name: Bold
Business address: Proostwetering 41, 3543AC Utrecht
By telephone or Whatsapp – +31(0)85 060 7337
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber of Commerce number: 65757319
VAT number: NL 856247169B01
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall mean:
Bold App: mobile application connected to the Bold Smart Cylinder, the main purpose of which is to open and close the Bold Smart Cylinder.
Bold or us: Bold Security Technology B.V., Proostwetering 41, 3543AC Utrecht.
Bold Smart Cylinder: the cylinder lock that can be opened and closed with the Bold App and a personal PIN code.
Client or you: the natural person who purchases goods and/or services from Bold, including the Bold App and Bold Smart Cylinder, for his own benefit and/or for the benefit of others.
Terms and conditions: these general terms and conditions.
Website: website of Bold at https://boldsmartlock.com.
1. Conclusion of contract and order
The agreement between Bold and the Client is concluded after Bold’s order confirmation by e-mail of your placed order or by dispatch of that order.
Bold provides instructions on the Website and/or the Bold App and/or on the packaging of the Bold Smart Cylinder to explain how to install the Bold Smart Cylinder and Bold App. Bold is happy to answer your questions about installation, see our Website for more information: https://boldsmartlock.com/support/.
2. Order and execution of the agreement
- On the Website you can buy the Bold Smart Cylinder. Our ordering process gives you the opportunity to check and adjust any errors before you place your final order. You can select the Bold Smart Cylinder by clicking on the [BUY] button and then the [IN SHOPING CART] button. You can also remove selected products from your shopping cart and replace them by pressing the [X] button or adjust the number of products shown in the shopping cart. Please carefully check your order and the information you have provided before placing your order. By clicking on the [Place order] button, you are making a binding offer to buy.
- Our receipt of your order will be confirmed by an automatic e-mail immediately after placing the order; this does not imply acceptance of the contract. We will accept your order by sending you a separate order confirmation by e-mail or by shipping the products. We aim to do this as soon as possible. Bold has the right to refuse orders without giving any reason, especially if the product ordered is no longer available.
- Bold strives to ship your ordered products as soon as possible. If you place your order before 9pm (GMT +1) on a working day, we will strive to ship it the same working day, provided the products are in stock. If you order after 9pm (GMT +1) on a working day, we will strive to ship your order the next working day.
- If Bold does not have all the products you have ordered in stock, Bold may choose to deliver your order in parts. Any terms such as delivery terms or the revocation period only start to run once the last partial delivery has taken place.
- If your order cannot be delivered to you due to circumstances attributable to you (e.g. providing an incorrect address), Bold may cancel your order within 30 days of the last attempt. Or Bold can deliver your order to a designated collection point so that you can collect the product yourself. You will be informed of the delivery status by means of e-mail updates. If we cancel your order, payments made by you will be refunded to you without undue delay.
- Bold may cancel your order if our suppliers do not deliver your ordered products to us, without this being due to, caused by or foreseeable for us. If this situation occurs, we will inform you thereof. We will also refund any payments already made without undue delay.
3. Prices and terms of payment
- The prices shown on the Website are in euros including VAT and all other price components such as packaging, unless explicitly stated otherwise. Any shipping costs are also displayed on the Website and are also shown before placing your order.
- Bold may change its prices at any time, but these price changes do not affect your current order that Bold has accepted, as described in article 2(2).
- Bold accepts payments by means of credit cards or online payment systems, such as PayPal and online banking. All related costs are at the expense of the Client.
4. Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from the contract within a period of 30 days without giving reasons.
The withdrawal period shall expire 30 days after the day on which you or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires physical possession of the goods.
In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us
Bold Security Technology B.V.
Proostwetering 41, 3543AC Utrecht
+31(0)85 060 7337
of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
You can also fill in and submit the model revocation form or other clearly worded declaration electronically via our website https://boldsmartlock.com/en/retourneren/. If you make use of this option, we will immediately send you an acknowledgement of receipt of your revocation on a durable medium (e.g. e-mail).
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods by means of the return label provided, without undue delay and in any event not later than 30 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. Only in this way will we bear the cost of returning the goods. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 30 days has expired.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
MODEL WITHDRAWAL FORM
Only fill in and return this form if you wish to rescind/withdraw from the agreement.
To: Bold Smart Lock B.V.
Proostwetering 41, 3543AC Utrecht
+31(0)85 060 7337
I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods/provision of the following service (*)
Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
Name(s) of consumer(s)
Address of consumer(s)
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is submitted on paper)
(*) Delete as appropriate.
- You shall handle the Bold Smart Cylinder with due care during the withdrawal period. You may only unpack and use the Bold Smart Cylinder to be able and to the extent necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Bold Smart Cylinder. As a rule of thumb, you may only use and inspect the Bold Smart Cylinder as you would in the shop.
- If you fail to exercise due care as described in article 4(1) above, you may be held liable for the depreciation of your Bold Smart Cylinder.
5. Warranty on the Bold Smart Cylinder
- For the Bold Smart Cylinder the statutory warranty period of 24 months applies.
- If the Bold Smart Cylinder you have purchased does not work as it should, you may be entitled to have this product repaired or replaced by us, or to receive a proportionate reduction in the purchase price. Under certain circumstances you also have the legal right to cancel the purchase. You can claim the above rights if your ordered Bold Smart Cylinder is not fit for its purpose. However, a product is not unfit for its purpose if a defect is the result of not following our clear installation instructions.
- We have the right to oppose a solution requested by you if it is either impossible or unreasonable, for example if the cost of repair exceeds the cost of a new product. If (i) we are unable to repair or replace the Product, (ii) we refuse the repair or replacement or are unable to carry it out within a reasonable time, (iii) the repair or replacement is unreasonable or inconvenient for you or (iv) the repair or replacement is unreasonable for you for valid reasons in our opinion, you may claim a price reduction or rescission of the contract.
6. Other provisions
- These Terms and Conditions may be changed by us at any time. Your orders are subject to the Terms and Conditions in force at the time of the order.
- Bold may add to or modify its products and services, including the Bold Smart Cylinder, Website and Bold App. Bold will do its best to inform you of any material changes.
- To the extent permitted by mandatory law, the rest of the agreement remains valid if any provision of these Terms and Conditions is nullified, nullified or found to be invalid. The relevant legal provisions shall apply instead of the annulled, void or unenforceable provisions.
- We always try to resolve differences of opinion with our customers in mutual consultation. We advise you to contact us if you are not satisfied with our products or services.
- The European Commission has set up a dispute resolution platform to collect any consumer complaints following an online purchase and forward them to the relevant national mediators. This platform can be accessed via the following hyperlink: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
- The Client may from time to time provide Bold with comments, suggestions, data, information or feedback (“Feedback”) on the Bold Smart Cylinder, Bold App, Website or other products and services offered by Bold. The Client acknowledges and agrees that such Feedback may be freely used by Bold in its sole discretion for the design, development, improvement, marketing and commercialisation of the Bold Smart Cylinder, Bold App, Website or other products and services offered by Bold, without any restriction based on confidentiality or intellectual property rights. The Client further agrees that Bold may use any information sent with a warranty claim from the Client as Feedback.
Bold Security Technology BV
KVK number: 65757319
VAT No: NL 856247169B01
Stel je vraag aan ons
Wij proberen tickets binnen 2 werkdagen te behandelen.